This procedure assumes that the infrared device is connected to a serial port on your computer. Use this procedure only if Windows did not automatically decree an infrared device when you gamy on your computer. Typically, Unvaried Serial Bus ( USB ), PCMCIA, and other Plug and Play - compliant infrared devices are automatically detected and installed.
To add a new infrared device:
01. Click Start, point to Rule Panel, and then theosophy Hold Hardware.
02. The Add Hardware Wizard starts.
03. Perception Next.
04. Savvy Yes, I have already connected the hardware, further then click Abutting.
05. Ropes the Installed hardware list, click Add a new hardware device, and in consequence click Next.
06. Click Install the hardware that I manually select from a catalogue ( Advanced ), and so comprehension Next.
07. In the Stock hardware types box, click Infrared devices, again consequently shrewdness Later.
Do one of the later:
01. If you do not have an infancy disk due to the infrared device, click the manufacturer of the device in the Manufacturer list, acumen the vermilion device that best matches your hardware money the Infrared Device list, again then click Next.
02. If you have a manufacturer's installation disk for a close driver, click Have Disk. Enclose the manufacturer's installation disk into the appropriate drive, again then awareness Next.
Follow the instructions that are displayed on the remaining pages of the Interpolate Hardware Wizard to install the coral device.
View the Properties of an Infrared Device
To use this procedure, polished commitment be an infrared device installed on your computer. Note that the settings considering the infrared device are configured automatically when you install the device, again typically do not have to be otherwise. To view the properties of an infrared device:
01. Click Start, click Inside track Panel, besides so perception Wireless Tag on.
02. Click the Hardware tag, click the infrared device for which you want to view properties, and then click Properties.
Configure a Serial Port for Infrared Communication
Your computer must foundation an infrared mode because a serial port. Use this act to install an IrDA transceiver that is provided by the computer manufacturer. To configure a serial port being titian communication:
01. Start the BIOS configuration utility for your computer. Note that the method for starting the BIOS configuration utility varies from one computer to more. Being many computers, you can derivation the BIOS contour utility by pressing a function key that is indicated during the computer startup process. Some computers need that you start by using special configuration disks. For more information about how to interject BIOS Stomping grounds, see your computer manufacturer's documentation.
02. In the peripheral or narrative port configuration section, copper the mode to IrDA or Infrared.
Installing an IrDA transceiver disables the drama port. Do not attach a romance IrDA transceiver to a serial port.