How To Convert Music To Lower Bitrate (Small Size)

I've got an ipod classic at the moment which holds my 30gb of music fine with plenty of room left for movies and stuff. I'm getting an ipod touch 16gb soon and I've selected my favourite songs from my library to sync, but it still comes to about 10gb+ worth of music - I'd like to reduce this further without having to get rid of my songs.

A lot of my library is encoded between 200 and 320kb/s and I was wondering if there was a way of mass re-encoding half my library to say 192kb/s. I understand that this may lose too much quality anyway because it isn't from a proper source, but I don't really have much idea about that.

So, first off, is there an app that would encode say 1000 songs at a time for me and would it even work effectively?

Share this

Related Posts

2 comments

comments
Anonymous
29.6.09 delete

dBpoweramp supports batch conversion of multiple files

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
29.6.09 delete

Download RazorLame (a frontend for Lame) & the latest version of Lame and put it into the Razorlame directory.

When you open RazorLame click on the LAME button to set the bitrate and output folder and other options then just add all the stuff you want to convert to a new bitrate.

I just tested this and it got my first conversion from 10mb to 3mb (.MP3 files)

Reply
avatar
There was an error in this gadget