Office 2010 Beta Regedit Hack

For those who have downloaded office 2010 BETA edition, check that, BETA, not technical preview; and are getting the pop up box every time you open up word or access, i have find the solution to fix it up, so that you have 2010 for longer periods of time.

1. open up regedit (start>run> type: regedit
2. then go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE> SOFTWARE> Microsoft> OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform> Plugins> Objects> msft:rm/algorithm/pkey/2005


3. Now, go to: ModuleID, right click, choose modify.
4. Change the last digit from '8' to a '7'
5. Exit, Restart and Your Set.

When you open any of the office applications, you should be able to see that the dialog box that pops up is now gone, and that the title (up the top) should be accompanied with 'unlicenced product' This doesnt mean anything.

Share this

Related Posts

3 comments

comments
2.11.10 delete

Thanks, this really works! No more dialogue box, full use of program.

Reply
avatar
2.11.10 delete

Hi, me again. Still working like I said, but it makes my computer run quite slowly when I try to multitask. Word takes 99% of cpu. Everything works fine if I open ONE Office document, but more than one document opened makes the computer runs slowly. When opening, it says "starting microsoft office click-to-run' and then says "processing" and it takes a long time. Any help please? I already restarted my computer once, after the regedit.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
3.11.10 delete

wow! i love it i love it i love it.
the popup was showing me that the office 2010 beta version has expired then it terminates the application. thanks it worked for me.

Reply
avatar
There was an error in this gadget