How To Remove Malware - msgrap.exe and msgrap.exe

How To Remove Malware - msgrap.exe and msgrap.exe

My system was infected with malware, Ainton.AA worm, I used Malwarebytes free version, it didn't remove it all, my NOD32 antivirus identified the worms, but wasn't able to remove them as they were running in the process.

1. ntdlr.exe - Which I manually deleted in safe mode. NOTE: It was taking 50% of the CPU usage and after deleting it, the usage was freed.

2. msgrap.exe - this still runs in processes and gains 50% of the CPU usage, I upgraded my NOD32 4 Security Essential to NOD32 5 Security Essential, but it failed to detected any virus or worm and this msgrap.exe still is in my processes under my user and not under SYSTEM.

I Googled as found some below tricks.

Use this program to identify the malicious program.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902

Use process explorer, Determine where it's running from, And mark it for deletion after reboot using this tool:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/killbox.php

Open task manager and end process manually. Right click-> go to process-> end process tree. 

How To Remove Malware - msgrap.exe and msgrap.exe

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget