Maleware affecting proxy settings

I have malware on my computer (not sure if that is the correct terminology) that is not allowing me to change my proxie settings. All of my internet browsers (chrome, IE, firefox) will not go online because of a "Proxy issue" When I go in and change the Proxy settings, it atomatically switches back. Outlook works just fine, just the browsers that don't.

I have run a McCafee full computer scan, also a scan using "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware". Neither could find the problem.

Any ideas? THanks!



Hi,

most of antivirus programms don`t find this malware/trojaner. Have a look for "adwcleaner von xplode", this tool works great for malware.
No installation, just run exe file. I use it once a month to check the systems.
Be aware to use a safe side for download this tool.

check also the all startup software with msconfig, unmark all you can not indentify,

Regards Ronald



Hi,

most of antivirus programms don`t find this malware/trojaner. Have a look for "adwcleaner von xplode", this tool works great for malware.
No installation, just run exe file. I use it once a month to check the systems.
Be aware to use a safe side for download this tool.

check also the all startup software with msconfig, unmark all you can not indentify,

Regards Ronald



Thanks! I found something called AdwCleaner 3.311

Is that the correct program to run? I appreciate your help!



i have a newer version 4.001, but your version would help as well



Thanks Ronard... found the 4.001 version and am running it now. Hope it works!!! Thanks for the help so far.



It is currently running the scan. It has been stuck for the past 30 min. It is in "Analyzing Browsers", almost to the end. Literally hasn't moved in over 30 min. Should I be concerned?

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget