What happens on an [Alt] + [Ctrl] + [Del] in Windows 8.1?

Hello!

I am using Windows 8.1 on two notebooks at home and also use Windows Phone 8.1 on my smartphone. On the on the PC at office, I also have the same OS, but with a different behaviour concerning screen-saver screen. I never saw a similar problem on another Windows computer.

The problem is subtle and will not be recognised by any user who is not multilingual. As I write often in several languages, switching from one keyboard to another swiftly, it is too too tedious for me to do this with the mouse. So, I use since older Windows versions the shortcuts for keyboard keys: [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [1] for German, [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [2] for English, [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [3] for Turkish, …, and [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [0] for Arabic. This works also in Windows 8.1, but not properly on the PC at office - an hp computer where Windows 8.1 has been installed later on.

The problem:
My problem is that after a [Alt] + [Ctrl] + [Del], all the saved shortcuts are all of a sudden "forgotten". This is even the case, if I immediately press [Esc] after entering the screen where to select to log off etc.

What happens after an [Alt] + [Ctrl] + [Del]? How can such a strange behaviour occur? I use a Windows account for business purposes here on this PC, i.e. not my private account. Have you ever heard or read about such a problem?

Thank you for your help!



No, never heard of it.
Since CTRL-Alt-Del is pressed on millions of Win8.1 installations each day and of those at least a few thousand people will have setup keyboard shortcuts, you should find other people on google that suffer from the same. Since you don't, it seems there's some strange thing going on.

I use two input languages myself and for switching I use winkey+spacebar (or left Alt + Shift)
Is that a workaround for you?



No, never heard of it.
Since CTRL-Alt-Del is pressed on millions of Win8.1 installations each day and of those at least a few thousand people will have setup keyboard shortcuts, you should find other people on google that suffer from the same. Since you don't, it seems there's some strange thing going on.

I use two input languages myself and for switching I use winkey+spacebar (or left Alt + Shift)
Is that a workaround for you?



Winkey + spacebar is a workaround for me. I think the other shortcuts are inherited from older Windows versions.



The enigmatic problem vanished after everybody run into problems with the file server, and the administrator restarted it. :->





Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget