Installing .NET framework 3.5 on Windows Server 2012 Essentials

Hi all,

I'm trying to install the Microsoft BCM Database Management Tool (version 2010) on a Server 2012 Essentials machine.

It stalls because it says it needs .NET Framework 3.5. When I download the file and try to install it, I get the following error msg:



you need to install this feature from server manager properties

Login to Windows 2012 server

Right click on my computer==> Manage ==> it will open Server manager screen

select local server ==> Manage ==> Add role and feature ==> then press next button 4 time.. till you get option on features..

in that select .Net framework 3.5 features and install.



you need to install this feature from server manager properties

Login to Windows 2012 server

Right click on my computer==> Manage ==> it will open Server manager screen

select local server ==> Manage ==> Add role and feature ==> then press next button 4 time.. till you get option on features..

in that select .Net framework 3.5 features and install.



Thank you. I believe this Server already has .NET 4.5.2 installed. If the Server has a newer version of .NET installed, I don't understand why BCM needs an older version.

Will installing .NET 3.5 mess anything up?



this does not mean if server is having 4.5 then you do not required 3.5

just cross check in server properties.



Nope it will not mess up anything.



Thank you. what does "cross check in server properties" mean? sorry, I am new to this.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget