Is Windows server is recommend for doing software coding

This seems like a stupid question, but I need to know if I use windows server 2012 or any other windows server.
Will that be recommend for software development work, mainly on Visual studio and sql server.

I am planning to use it on virtual box, so that my main machine does not get effected.



I'd certainly test code on Windows Server...
That is, I'd develop the software on one box where I have my Visual Studio... and keep track of the development effort in source control (including the database), then check out modules, etc... and test them on a Windows Server. (But I wouldn't want to be doing the testing as I went on a server which included the development environment.)

That said, I don't think there is anything precluding you from doing the software development work on Windows Server... I just wouldn't use that same server to test to make certain everything is 'good'.



I'd certainly test code on Windows Server...
That is, I'd develop the software on one box where I have my Visual Studio... and keep track of the development effort in source control (including the database), then check out modules, etc... and test them on a Windows Server. (But I wouldn't want to be doing the testing as I went on a server which included the development environment.)

That said, I don't think there is anything precluding you from doing the software development work on Windows Server... I just wouldn't use that same server to test to make certain everything is 'good'.









Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget