limitations of sql express 2008r2 on windows 7 pro 64 bit.

Before someone tells me to run it on Windows Server I would if that were an option however. Have an access application and I'm moving the backend to sql express 2008. There are 15 clients that will be attaching to the db via odbc. Are there any limitations or gotcha's I should know ahead of time supporting this configuration?



For converting an Access Database to SQL it I would expect it to be fine. There is no connection limit for SQL Express, but there is for Windows 7 (20). Further, SQL Express caps memory usage at 1 GB (which will probably be fine for a converted database, but might hamper performance if it grows and gets complex). Also, maximum database size is 10GB.



For converting an Access Database to SQL it I would expect it to be fine. There is no connection limit for SQL Express, but there is for Windows 7 (20). Further, SQL Express caps memory usage at 1 GB (which will probably be fine for a converted database, but might hamper performance if it grows and gets complex). Also, maximum database size is 10GB.



Perfect thanks good to know







Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget