Logging in after reboot on Windows

Normally, when you reboot, the machine gets to a point where it shows an icon with the users name. You click that and if you have no password, it lets you continue on to do your work. In my case, this icon never shows up after it's finished rebooting so I'm never sure that the reboot process is complete. How can I get this icon to show up?



Have you ensured that users must enter a username/password to use the computer? Click start->Run->type in "netplwiz". Ensure that this option is ticked.

HTH



Have you ensured that users must enter a username/password to use the computer? Click start->Run->type in "netplwiz". Ensure that this option is ticked.

HTH



Are you going directly to the Desktop?

How many user accounts do you have on this computer?



Yes, after reboot, the computer goes directly to the desktop. I ran netplwiz and this is what I see;
Guest
HomeGroupUse$
Owner

Something I should mention, this computer has NO password. But I have two other computers that don't have a password and they show the icon with the users name.



Is the option I mentioned ticked???



do a netplwiz on the other two and compare

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget