Make Java log to screen when connecting to URL/Appliet

Hello all,

I have a Windows server 2008 system with an older version of Java - 6 Update 13. Please don't ask.

When end users (using a legacy application) connect to a URL and then run a java applet, it is sticking (the little java wheel stops) for quite some time. The application/applet eventually load but I an trying to figure out what is causing the stick

A while back I accidentally set Jave to log what it was doing to the screen. Now I've forgotten how I make that useful accident occure.

Can anyone help me get Java to log what it is doing to the screen for a single user and/or all users?

Thank you,



That was it. I was able to add the following strings to the deployment.properties file for an individual users:
deployment.console.startup.mode=SHOW
deployment.trace=true
deployment.log=true

Allowed me to see a dump of everything that happens when the applet is run.

Closing ticket.



A while back I accidentally set Jave to log what it was doing to the screen. Now I've forgotten how I make that useful accident occure.

http://technojeeves.com/index.php/aliasjava1/87-showing-the-java-applet-console



Hello CEHJ - thank you for your response. I should have been more presice in what I am looking for. I had already use the steps in the link you provided to set logging for myself. I am looking to use the deployment.config file to set it for all users since it doesn't seem you can do this for all users using the Java console.

I found the following and it looks like it may have the setting I'm looking for but I have to try it first. It has the strings to show the concole and turn on debugging....

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/guide/deployment/deployment-guide/properties.html



Yes, that might do it. I've never used it myself



That was it. I was able to add the following strings to the deployment.properties file for an individual users:
deployment.console.startup.mode=SHOW
deployment.trace=true
deployment.log=true

Allowed me to see a dump of everything that happens when the applet is run.

Closing ticket.



Not sure what this is but I found the solution myself.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget