Offline File Overlay Icon

Hi I am using Windows 7.

I have enabled a folder to be available offline and the top level folder has a nice green icon overlaying, however the sub folders don't have this icon.
Is there any way I can have this icon appear on the sub folders?

Many Thanks



Hi Lewis1991
Is this just for cosmetic reasons?
If the root folder is off-line or on-line their sub-folders will be in the same state.
The bottom pane in explorer will say the status of the folder.
regards



Hi Lewis1991
Is this just for cosmetic reasons?
If the root folder is off-line or on-line their sub-folders will be in the same state.
The bottom pane in explorer will say the status of the folder.
regards



it's so I can reassure the end user that the files are available offline in one glance without having to click on each one.
The file is actually a redirected my documents folder that goes to the server. so the user doesn't see any logo at all because he will just click my documents.



I don't think it's possible to change the icons, I have a redirected drive.
The root folder has the icon and syncs when it’s online. for all other subfolders all i need do is look at the bottom pane on the file explorer (no clicking involved) and the status says: always available.
i'll have a play and see if there is a way to change the folder automatically based on status but i think you might have to rely on people just readign the pottom pane



*folder icon



Sorry I can't find a way of changing the Icon to a dynamic icon, maybe somebody with a scripting back ground can probably sort something for you.
I have included a screen grab of what i mean when i say bottom pane, i really don't see the need for an icon change of any sorts, if one file is always available they all are, the assurance is all there.

kind regard

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget