Outlook 2013 Exchange 2010 Connection problems after certain Windows Updates.

I'm using Outlook 2013 and Exchange 2010. I ran Windows update and found around 28 updates. I installed the updates and restarted my computer. When I try to open Outlook a Windows Security popup appears, I enter my current, valid password I get the following message:
Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The attempt to log on to Microsoft Exchange has failed.

This problem follows me on the network. I can try to add my profile on another computer and I get this message. This happens on Windows 7 and 8.1 computers and Outlook 2010 and 2013. I can uninstall the updates and after about 15 minutes I can log in successfully without Windows security appearing. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm trying to determine which update or combination of updates cause this. Any ideas why it would follow my account?



Hi,

Do you means cannot open Outlook with Exchange account after install latest update?
Please try to uninstall updates which are related to Microsoft Office to narrow down the issue.

Besides, try to delete remains credential in the Control PanelUser AccountsCredential Manager for testing.



Hi,

Do you means cannot open Outlook with Exchange account after install latest update?
Please try to uninstall updates which are related to Microsoft Office to narrow down the issue.

Besides, try to delete remains credential in the Control PanelUser AccountsCredential Manager for testing.



Hi ,

I need to edit my question, I have deleted the credentials several times during my testing. I think I found the problem update KB3021910. I am unable to uninstall this update though.



This sounds kinda hinky, because you say that the problem happens on both Windows 7 and Windows 8 computers. KB3021910 is a Windows 8.1 update, so why it would affect you on a Windows 7 computer is a mystery. Unless it's not really the KB that's causing the problem. Have you checked your Outlook profile to see what kind of authentication is set? And/or have you tried creating a new Outlook profile?





Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget