Problems with installing SQL Server 2012 Express on my Windows 8.1 machine

Hi,

I have this problem that I can't find a solution for. I'm trying to install sql server 2012 express on my machine running windows 8.1. I've tried all teh following:
I tried to download dotnet35 and install it, but int didn't work.

Then I tried to install it from Add/Remove Windows features but that didn't work either.
I then found this article how I can do it offline (since my problem was exactly those described in the first steps when installing sql and net35).
http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/47548d/how-to-install-sql-server-2012-on-windows-8-1/

I followed all instructions but then when I run the command in the prompt (even though I've copied the folder from the installation disc and saved it exactly as in the article) I get the following error in the prompt:



C:Windowssystem32>dism /online /enable-feature /FeatureName:Netfx3 /all /source:F:MSDNen_windows_server_2012_r2_with_update_x64_dvd_4065220sources Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 6.3.9600.17031 Image Version: 6.3.9600.17031 Enabling feature(s) [==========================100.0%==========================] The operation completed successfully.
1: 2: 3: 4: 5: 6: 7: 8:

Select allOpen in new window



could you try removing the space before NetFx3 (FeatureName:NetFx3 )



Hi and thanks for answer,

I did that now but then it says:DISM doesn't regognize the command line option "Access"

Peter



Hi again,

I found out that the above error came from having a space between Limit and Access. When I remoded it the command started, but I still get the same error that the source file cannot be found even if the whole directory is copied there.

Peter



C:Windowssystem32>dism /online /enable-feature /FeatureName:Netfx3 /all /source:F:MSDNen_windows_server_2012_r2_with_update_x64_dvd_4065220sources Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 6.3.9600.17031 Image Version: 6.3.9600.17031 Enabling feature(s) [==========================100.0%==========================] The operation completed successfully.
1: 2: 3: 4: 5: 6: 7: 8:

Select allOpen in new window



Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget