Run SFC /SCANNOW

Hi, when I try to run SFC /SCANNOW, I see a black window on the screen for a brief millisecond and it closes before I can see anything on it. I am able to run other things like msconfig but this one won't work. Any ideas on how I can fix it? Thanks



Two things you can try:
1. Restart in Safe Mode without Networking and try SFC in Safe Mode.

2. Run Windows 7 Repair Install. You need a Windows 7 DVD for this and here is a Seven Forums Tutorial to assist with the repair.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html



Two things you can try:
1. Restart in Safe Mode without Networking and try SFC in Safe Mode.

2. Run Windows 7 Repair Install. You need a Windows 7 DVD for this and here is a Seven Forums Tutorial to assist with the repair.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html



Run the sfc /scannow from a CMD prompt you opened as an admin, not via the run option of the OS. That way you will see any messages that show up.



rindi, could you please tell me the steps to take to run it from CMD prompt



Go Start and type cmd.exe in the box. When it pop up in the list, right click and select Run as Administrator. The black box will stay open.

I thought you had done this already (prior post). Now run SFC /SCANNOW.



I've never used it this way. I always went to run and typed in something. Only done it a couple of times. I did as you said and got a message saying that I had to run it as Administrator. I am the only person that uses this laptop so I guess that makes me an Administrator. How do I convey that to the computer?

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget