stopping (pausing) of video when headset unplugged

sometimes I like that youtube using
chrome, firefox, ie
stops the video when the headset audio hearing device gets unplugged


other times I have a long cord
and I need to re plug in the cord and refresh (or start from the beginning) the youtube video that stopped

how to disable this using browser of your choice (ideally chrome)



Hi.
It seems to be a problem with your version of Chrome, is it up to date?
problems with sound when (un)plugging headsets in Google Chrome
I have never seen youtube video stop if the audio is unplugged that is a windows problem switching to speakers.
All I can think of is not to use USB.
I have the same problem with windows switching from usb to speakers on my desktop so when I want to listen through TV stereo amp or in a another room
A work around I have is to use the speakers out socket, add a double adapter 3.5mm connect the speakers back to this with the first hole on the double adapter, but turn them down
see this image of the double adapter 3.5 mono
Buy an in ear or earbuds with avolume control on them 3.5mm and plug them into the other hole next to speakers
see this image in ear ear buds 3.5 mono
Another example of ear buds, as I don't know your country..
Samsung New Original OEM Samsung EHS44ASSBE 3.5mm Handsfree Stereo Headset Earphones with Mic - Wired Headsets
another example
3-5mm-noise-isolation-stereo-earbuds-with-microphone
As the ear plugs have volume control on the cable if you want to extend the length say to another room add a 3.5mm connector female see this image
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Ahf7A6HfWKM/T4URVqAvRII/AAAAAAAAATQ/U62ITZMAg1M/s1600/AG-3.5-COUPLER.JPG
buy a 4 meter or whatever length 3.5 mm male to male and plug into this connector it will give a long line.
See this image
http://www.stereomusik-systems.com/images/produkte/i10/103-3-5mm-male-to-male-600x337.jpg
I have mine hooked to my stereo
see this question as I posted photos/scroll down to the images of the back of my tower
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Hardware/Components/Q_28523464.html
Using these from your sound card out you can use any browser any media player as it works through your sound card with your PC speakers, just silence or mute the speakers. Or just unplug the speakers saves buying the DB adapter and plug in the 3.5 mm cable to where your PC speakers go.
cheers



Hi.
It seems to be a problem with your version of Chrome, is it up to date?
problems with sound when (un)plugging headsets in Google Chrome
I have never seen youtube video stop if the audio is unplugged that is a windows problem switching to speakers.
All I can think of is not to use USB.
I have the same problem with windows switching from usb to speakers on my desktop so when I want to listen through TV stereo amp or in a another room
A work around I have is to use the speakers out socket, add a double adapter 3.5mm connect the speakers back to this with the first hole on the double adapter, but turn them down
see this image of the double adapter 3.5 mono
Buy an in ear or earbuds with avolume control on them 3.5mm and plug them into the other hole next to speakers
see this image in ear ear buds 3.5 mono
Another example of ear buds, as I don't know your country..
Samsung New Original OEM Samsung EHS44ASSBE 3.5mm Handsfree Stereo Headset Earphones with Mic - Wired Headsets
another example
3-5mm-noise-isolation-stereo-earbuds-with-microphone
As the ear plugs have volume control on the cable if you want to extend the length say to another room add a 3.5mm connector female see this image
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Ahf7A6HfWKM/T4URVqAvRII/AAAAAAAAATQ/U62ITZMAg1M/s1600/AG-3.5-COUPLER.JPG
buy a 4 meter or whatever length 3.5 mm male to male and plug into this connector it will give a long line.
See this image
http://www.stereomusik-systems.com/images/produkte/i10/103-3-5mm-male-to-male-600x337.jpg
I have mine hooked to my stereo
see this question as I posted photos/scroll down to the images of the back of my tower
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Hardware/Components/Q_28523464.html
Using these from your sound card out you can use any browser any media player as it works through your sound card with your PC speakers, just silence or mute the speakers. Or just unplug the speakers saves buying the DB adapter and plug in the 3.5 mm cable to where your PC speakers go.
cheers



Unfortunately this is not actually normal behaviour in Windows. So the answer would be there is no way to do what you want directly.

Interesting though that while looking for a workaround for your issue I found Google development notes describing this behaviour as both a bug and a feature request.



Interesting though that while looking for a workaround for your issue I found Google development notes describing this behavior as both a bug and a feature request.

Do you still have the link in your history?

And my other problem is that I can not use speaker jack on my computer due to some problem which I have asked about on ee.
So I must use usb to (speaker, mic)
So Merete's answers are of a speaker jack



rgb192 I cant answer for Brian Boyes where he got his references from.
But I need to know
Is this a laptop or desktop to determine your audio outputs since you say> "I can not use speaker jack on my computer due to some problem which I have asked about on ee. " << please explain
cheers



Not sure which computer I was on when I answered that, but I'll have a look in my histories and see if I can find it.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget