Windows 10 network properties cant change

Hi, new Windows 10 (10049), cant change the ip address in network properties. Its only one user on this machine and that user is administrator. The properties button is gray so i cant click on it.



I am using Windows 10 Build 10041 which is (I think) the latest release.

Go to the Desktop, right click on Network or go to Control Panel, All Items, Network and Sharing Center and the network window opens.

Click on Change Adapter settings and then right click on your adapter and select properties. You change the IP in the TCP/IP configuration. This is the same as Windows 8.

Does this work?

Also, why not use DHCP? It works better.

If you cannot do these things, run SFC /SCANNOW from an administrative command prompt, allow to complete, restart and test.

Did your Build 10041 upgrade complete successfully? My upgrade including download took a couple of hours.

Try shutting the machine all the way down (fully off) and starting up again.



I am using Windows 10 Build 10041 which is (I think) the latest release.

Go to the Desktop, right click on Network or go to Control Panel, All Items, Network and Sharing Center and the network window opens.

Click on Change Adapter settings and then right click on your adapter and select properties. You change the IP in the TCP/IP configuration. This is the same as Windows 8.

Does this work?

Also, why not use DHCP? It works better.

If you cannot do these things, run SFC /SCANNOW from an administrative command prompt, allow to complete, restart and test.

Did your Build 10041 upgrade complete successfully? My upgrade including download took a couple of hours.

Try shutting the machine all the way down (fully off) and starting up again.



if i could use dhcp there isnt a problem, but i want a static ip. The button properties that you is referring to is gray (not possible to click on). I have 4 networks card and its gray on all cards. I can use netsh from command prompt to change the ip, but not from the GUI. Is it a bug in Windows 10?



It possibly is. I only have one Network connection (Ethernet Network 9) which is pointing to my real NIC and I cannot change it because it is not running. For me that is not an issue because VMware is handling the network. For the same reason, I cannot change it with NETSH either.

If the command prompt works, use that and use the Feedback button to report the problem.



I filed feedback on this issue and as I filed feedback, the same bug came up from other people. So I have confirmed it is a bug and the workaround (as you noted) is to use command line to manage.



ok, thanx.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget