Windows 2012 R2 Activation

We purchased a license and have downloaded the iso and product key from licensing.microsoft.com. Now that we have the OS installed, we cannot activate Windows 2012.

I ran a power shell command to delete a key that some how got populated during the installation. Now, I see no link to try and activate it again.

We are NOT using a KMS server.

What can be done to get this activated now?



When I run slui 3 and put in the product key it tells me the key is not valid.



When I run slui 3 and put in the product key it tells me the key is not valid.



The has to match the version, edition and language of the OS installed. What version of Windows 2012 have you installed?
There is Essentials (similar to SBS), Standard or Datacenter editions.





I am using 2012 standard R2 and that was what was downloaded via licensing.microsoft.com. I am using the mak license key. No time during the installation was I asked to enter the product key.

I ran slmgr -up in powershell to try and correct the issue.



Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget