Windows 8.1 Run a Batch File on start-up

I share a master contacts file with other members of my project team and currently I manually run a batch file to over write the master contacts file each day.

I am using an IMAP server but have the contacts stored in a .PST file that I copy to each team members personal folder and they link to this contact PST file

I would like to run this batch file automatically when I re-boot each day (preferably only once each day).

I'm using windows 8.1 - can anybody help with this?

Thanks



Just put the batch file in the Windows startup folder.

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/where-is-startup-folder-how-to-edit-startup-items-in-windows-8/



Just put the batch file in the Windows startup folder.

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/where-is-startup-folder-how-to-edit-startup-items-in-windows-8/



you can also Use Startup Group policy..

To assign computer startup scripts

1.Go to Run type GPEDIT.MSC

2.In the console tree, click Scripts (Startup/Shutdown) . The path is Computer ConfigurationWindows SettingsScripts (Startup/Shutdown) .

3.In the results pane, double-click Startup .

4.In the Startup Properties dialog box, click Add .

5.In the Add a Script dialog box, do the following:¿ In the Script Name box, type the path to the script, or click Browse to search for the script file in the Netlogon shared folder on the domain controller.


¿ In the Script Parameters box, type any parameters that you want, the same way as you would type them on the command line. For example, if your script includes parameters called //logo (display banner) and //I (interactive mode), type //logo //I .

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc770556.aspx



Yes this can be automated when your computer starts, please follow the steps.



Both solutions worked great - thanks

I am actually using Sivaraj E at this time because I can set it to run once a day.



Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget