Windows Password Message Bar

I am running Windows 7 on my Lenovo Laptop. All of a sudden I have begun getting an annoying and persistent message bar across the top of my browser screen (Internet Explorer v. 11) that asks me to type in my Windows password (see attached image).



Is this on all sites?
Run Malwarebytes and check your addons for anything suspicious
Do not enter your password.



Is this on all sites?
Run Malwarebytes and check your addons for anything suspicious
Do not enter your password.



Thanks for the prompt reply. It does appear at the top of my browser window, regardless of the site. I'm running a Malwarebytes scan now. Where do I check on addons?



Alt > Tools Menu > Manage add-ons

Also check installed programs

I've never seen this before and can't find anything similar doing a search



Definitely do not enter the password. Try running chameleon from malwarebytes.org (malwarebytes.org/chameleon). Run the svchost file in the chameleon directory. It will update MBAM then run a stealth scan with MBAM. Otherwise, run SPYBHOREMOVER from securityxploded.com.



Thank you. Not sure which of the solutions solved the problem (unfortunately I ran them all before checking), but I think it was an add-on called Lync Browser from Microsoft.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget