How can I removed Windows Server backups for a usb drive that no longer exists?

Several months ago, I replaced my 500 GB usb drive with a 2,000 GB usb drive.

What can I do, to tell Microsoft Windows Server Backup software that the original 500 GB drive no longer exists and to delete all references to it on the C drive?

Thanks for your help!



Simply delete the backup task and recreate it for new drive.
As an alternative you can remove Windows Server Backup feature and readd it.



Simply delete the backup task and recreate it for new drive.
As an alternative you can remove Windows Server Backup feature and readd it.



I have been using the new drive for the last 12 months. If I delete the backup task and recreate it, would it delete the backups for the last 12 months?

If I remove Windows Server Backup feature and readd it, would it delete the backups for the last 12 months?



The backups will not be deleted. The feature only.



I apologize. I may not be understanding this correctly. I "do" want the backups for the 500 GB drive to be deleted. I do "not" want the backups for the 2000 GB drive deleted.



Do you want to remove the record about backups or the backups physically?

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget