How to migrate DFS Authoritative server to new server

I have a client who originally had 3 servers; 2 at Branch 1 and 1 at Branch 2. They use a DFS namespace and replication. We recently added a 3rd server at Branch 1 and we want to phase out the oldest server, which I am lead to believe is the authoritative server for DFS. My question is, without having to re-do replication groups and namespaces, how can I phase out Server 1 and move authority to server 3 without incurring any issues? Do I simply remove it from the name space and rebuild the replication groups?



Have you looked into the below link? Make sure to read up to part 5
http://blogs.technet.com/b/askds/archive/2010/09/03/replacing-dfsr-member-hardware-or-os-part-1-planning.aspx


Zac.



Have you looked into the below link? Make sure to read up to part 5
http://blogs.technet.com/b/askds/archive/2010/09/03/replacing-dfsr-member-hardware-or-os-part-1-planning.aspx


Zac.



That article doesn't address namespaces. Also, in my scenario, it's a mesh setup not hub-spoke. All servers communicate with each other.







Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget