Installing Windows 8 iso file

I'm trying to install Windows 8 using the "ISO" option referenced here: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/18309-windows-8-windows-8-1-iso-download-create.html

Thing is, when I get to that prompt, all I get is "Install Now" and "Install later from your desktop." How do I get the option "Install from media" so I can get that iso file?



An ISO file is a file that you write to physical media first (DVD) so you can "Install from media".



An ISO file is a file that you write to physical media first (DVD) so you can "Install from media".



You're probably best off trying to get an ISO online somewhere than posting it here as it will get removed if we post a link to an ISO.

Type in google, Windows 8 64 or 32bit then when you get to a decent download page the download the iso then burn the iso to a disk and then boot the machine from it and job done!



Did I do something wrong, as far as the .exe file that I downloaded when I purchased Windows 8? Why didn't I get that option?



And how do I know if I'm using 32 bit or 64 bit? I'm doing an install on a Parallels environment...



If the file you downloaded is an EXE file (you say it is) then it will want to install right away.

If you want the "install from media" option, I think you would have needed an ISO file.

The Windows 8 and Windows 10 operating systems that I downloaded are ISO files and can be used to create media or to install (as I did) in Virtual Machines.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget