Multiple cmd, net and conhost upon boot up.

On a W7 pro computer I noticed that Outlook is sluggish. I experimented to find out that when I reboot I have 6 instances of cmd.exe, conhost.exe and net.exe.

If I kill a net.exe a corresponding cmd and conhost will die as well.

Thus I kill all 6 of them and Outlook works fine.

To reiterate, as soon as I boot up I see these and task manager. I just did some playing around to determine they were what was affecting Outlook.I see these and task manager. Opening outlook does not bring up these 6 instances.



Bring up MSCONFIG.EXE and look in the Startup tab. Are you starting strange things that spawn Command?

It is not normal, so look through Startup.

If nothing there, then scan for viruses with your own application and then with Malwarebytes.



Bring up MSCONFIG.EXE and look in the Startup tab. Are you starting strange things that spawn Command?

It is not normal, so look through Startup.

If nothing there, then scan for viruses with your own application and then with Malwarebytes.



Tried scanning with HitManPro and Malwarebytes. MSconfig looks good.

Strange that they don't re-spawn...



Use MSCONFIG to do a diagnostic start up . Does that clear up the issue? If yes, add back items one at a time to see what is causing the issue.



Seems more like a process or processes trying to connect to another computer on your network.

Is your computer networked by any chance?



Yes it is... on a company network.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget