No Network connection

Something strange just happened with a server 2008 R2

I am able to ping other devices on the network either by ip addres or by dns name. works fine.

But, when I use windows explorer or try to reach shares using \servername or \ip address I get name not found on network.

Also, when I try browsing the network nothing shows up.



Run TCP/IP Reset:
Open cmd.exe with Run as Administrator
Then netsh int ip reset c:resetlog.txt
Also, ipconfig /flushdns followed by net stop dnscache followed by net start dnscache
Then restart the Server (need a convenient moment).



Run TCP/IP Reset:
Open cmd.exe with Run as Administrator
Then netsh int ip reset c:resetlog.txt
Also, ipconfig /flushdns followed by net stop dnscache followed by net start dnscache
Then restart the Server (need a convenient moment).



I ran the commands and restarted the server. no improvement on the problem.
Scared me because it removed the server ip address in the ip4 config

Also, I can not find the log/txt file.



Are you trying to use multiple network cards?

You might also consider updating the LAN drivers for the NIC.



the nics are trunked...and it seems to be working fine.

As I said I can ping servers on the network by ip and unc...I just can't view them and connect to their shares.



Also windows firewall is totally disabled and not running

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget