Server 2003 back up software

Hi,

we are looking for a product to back up our 2003 file server. we would like input on programs that will back up shared folders / drives to an external usb drive which we can then take to another non server or server computer and access the files / folders in case of failure. Our attention has been drawn to syncback pro.

Recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.



Sync Back Pro is a great and robust tool for synchronizing large folder structures with many files. I use it myself and have done so for years. My document and file store is about 40 GB and I sync it daily or even more frequently.

For full backups, we use Backup Exec at our clients and if you have Backup Exec on the other servers, you can recover from tape in the event of a non-working server.



Sync Back Pro is a great and robust tool for synchronizing large folder structures with many files. I use it myself and have done so for years. My document and file store is about 40 GB and I sync it daily or even more frequently.

For full backups, we use Backup Exec at our clients and if you have Backup Exec on the other servers, you can recover from tape in the event of a non-working server.



Thanks John. To clarify though, syncback will give me folder and file level access on the usb drive?



syncback will give me folder and file level access on the usb drive? <-- Yes it will. I have done that on occasion.

One Sync Back profile is for one sync session between 2 points. If you further want to re-sync to a 3rd point, you would need a second profile.



Thank you!

Can you elaborate a little on the last comment about syncing to a third point?

D.



@sio2y - Thanks. Each profile in Sync Back has one "from" point and one "to" point. It will synchronize files between these two points. If "from" has a different third "to" point (different drive for example) you would need a second profile for this. You can certainly do this.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget