Thecus n8850

Hi I am trying to install Windows server2012 r2 on a Thecus N8850.
I replaced the on board HDD with a 120GB SSD (Intel) and installed server 2012 R2
.
No Problems except that I am missing the storage (raid) driver and a couple of PCI drivers.
My question:
Does anyone know what Motherboard the Thecus N8850 is using and more precisely what raid card?
and
Where can I find windows drivers for that raid card?
Any suggestions would be appreciated or links to people that have achieved this conversion?
Thanks in advance
Olaf



That is in "lspci" command output in original Linux firmware.
Firmware upgrade release notes mention "LSI HBA"



That is in "lspci" command output in original Linux firmware.
Firmware upgrade release notes mention "LSI HBA"



What OS came on it? If it was a Windows version, can you install the original OS and check Device Manager? If not, how old is it? Any possibility it is under warranty? Lastly, have you tried Tiger Direct's tech support (they sell them) the may be willing to help? I haven't found anything online yet, I will continue to look.



It came with Linux-based firmware. That is HCL from network side, rest is not.



Thanks gheist,

Any more details as to which LSI HBA? I can't see an LSI chip on the MB?

Olaf



Can you get into the system board firmware on boot? If you can the hardware should be listed under System, System Manager, or Config.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget