Unable to access WLC2106 using Internet Explorer

I have a WLC controller with 1131 access points installed in 2010 which I have not looked at since then. One of the 1131 went dead and I want to replace it. Back then seems all I had to do is open Internet Explorer, enter in the IP address, click passed a warning message and I could get to the WLC2106 log on page. Tonight, I tried to repeat the steps and get can not display the web page. I can ping to the WLC2106 IP address. I can use Putty to access. What am I missing to be able to get into the graphic interface?



Did you try HTTPS?

Technically you shouldn't really need to touch the controller to get the new AP connected as long as you don't have anything like AP Groups or H-REAP configured.



Did you try HTTPS?

Technically you shouldn't really need to touch the controller to get the new AP connected as long as you don't have anything like AP Groups or H-REAP configured.



Yes, I forgot about the HTTPS and that was my initial problem. I can log in using the web interface.

I do not have H-REAP. By AP Groups, I would think that is grouping of access points off the one controller. That I do not have. I do have two WLC2106 each with it's own group of access points.

How would you suggest I add this new access point?



The AP should learn the WLC IP from DHCP or DNS. once the AP boots it should get an IP then join one of the WLCs. The AP will either join the desired WLC or you can move it by going to the AP in the Wireless tab, click on High Availability and set the desired WLC IP and hostname.



The AP does show and the name can be changed. However, I am expecting the AP to glow aqua blue and it is not so I am still thinking something is not quite right.

The AP was plugged into the WLC channel 7.



What colour is it showing?

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget