Why Windows 8.1 audio not working

I have a audio driver that works - sort of. It has been working fine in the past, but for reasons unknown, at present, when I use the driver it works, but then after a few minutes it stops working.

That is, I enable it in the Playback tab of Windows Sounds and test it. It tests fine. I move to a web site and play something that requires sound and it plays fine. I move somewhere that requires sound, and then it just quits working. Bottom line: I use it for a couple of minutes and then it stops working. Go figure! It is a driver for an older device (Panasonic Musical Instrument), but the driver has always worked well in the past.

Anyone have any idea why this might be happening.



check the power setting for the device -it may be turning off to save power
look in control panel - power options



check the power setting for the device -it may be turning off to save power
look in control panel - power options



Thank you

I'm checking into it. I have meetings today, but will let you know.

Best Regards

Woody



@Nobus

Thank you for your input and help. I did two things, one of which has apparently solved the problem. Not sure which. As you suggested,

I went into Advanced Power Settings and in USB settings, USB Selective Suspend Setting, I changed the setting from Enabled to Disabled. The audio Device is external and plugs into a USB port.

The second thing I did was to change the Multimedia Settings. That is, I selected Mulfimedia Settings, When Sharing media and changed it from "Allow computer to sleep" to "Prevent Idling to sleep."

As I said, since doing the above the problem has not manifested itself. Apparently my setting somehow got changed, I'm not sure how.



you can always set 1 of these back as it was for checking if the problem arises
i would try the sleep setting first



Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget