Win Server2008R2 isn't showing full list for installed windows updates

I have a program crashing since I last installed updates on 2/18, so when I went to uninstall some of these updates they are not in the list or Windows Installed updates. My list doesn't show any or the hotfixes or KB's. Only Silverlight, .NET and a few others.



It takes reasonable amount of time to display the full list of hotfixes. Wait a few minutes and the list of updates should be updated to the latest state:



It takes reasonable amount of time to display the full list of hotfixes. Wait a few minutes and the list of updates should be updated to the latest state:



Step 1

First download and run the Windows Update troubleshooter:
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262


Step 2

Please rename all these logs to

%windir%Windowsupdate.log
%windir%logscbscbs.log
%windir%logscbsCheckSUR.log
%windir%logscbsCheckSUR.persist.log

_old if you have them.


Step 3

Now please run the System File Checker tool.

More infos here:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/

Will the scan find errors?

Step 4

Now download and run the System Update Readiness Tool:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

Step 5

Now upload

%windir%Windowsupdate.log
%windir%logscbscbs.log
%windir%logscbsCheckSUR.log
%windir%logscbsCheckSUR.persist.log

for us.



Well I get 11 updates shown, then I waited 30 minutes while I did other stuff and it still shows 11 updates. I ran the install check in command prompt and it listed them all, just doesn't show then in Windows update. I can look for commands to remove them from command prompt I guess, just easier from Windows update.



Hopeleonie, I will try that later today. Clients need access to that server so I don't want to do any restarts again for the rest of the day. I'll let you know how it goes this evening.



Hopeleonie, It still does not show my updates in the uninstall list.

I have attached my files.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget