Win7 RDP stops when moving away from RDP window

When I connect to a vm running win7 using RDP from a win7 workstation, I am unable to minimize that window, close it, or resize it without losing access. If I do any of these things, I can still see the remote desktop but cannot do anything until I close the RDP session and start a new one.

Can someone explain why this is happening and how I can change this behavior.



Look in RDP Settings before connecting and click on Expand Options (lower left).

Check the Experience Options and status of Reconnect flag as well as the pull down options.
Check the Advanced tab and the status of the Connect from anywhere settings.

I don't know why RPD should drop because you move away. Such does not happen to me.



Look in RDP Settings before connecting and click on Expand Options (lower left).

Check the Experience Options and status of Reconnect flag as well as the pull down options.
Check the Advanced tab and the status of the Connect from anywhere settings.

I don't know why RPD should drop because you move away. Such does not happen to me.



Hi,

In the Experience section, I have;

Detect connection quality automatically
Persistent bitmap caching checked
Reconnect if the connection is dropped checked



Does this happen only connecting to a VM or to other non-VM computers as well?



I think (but cannot confirm at this moment) this happens only when connecting to vms.



I really cannot think why RDP would do this.

Check to be sure your virtual machines are on the same subnet as your host machine. Networking may possibly be an issue.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget