Windows 7 Shadow Copies

Hey guys,

How do i define a schedule for windows 7 shadow copies? I turned on the VSS service already.



I'm fairly certain you can't. VSS in Windows 7 is not meant to be as flexible and schedulable as it is on a server. I recall looking into this and the answer was "you can't do that". Feel free to see if someone can challenge my response with a way to do it, but if no one does, I think you will need to accept that it's not possible.



I'm fairly certain you can't. VSS in Windows 7 is not meant to be as flexible and schedulable as it is on a server. I recall looking into this and the answer was "you can't do that". Feel free to see if someone can challenge my response with a way to do it, but if no one does, I think you will need to accept that it's not possible.



so do you turn it on manually lee?



Are you interested in doing a scheduled backup? If so, you can install the "WindowsNT Backup Restore Utility" http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/974674 or a 3rd party like http://www.runtime.org/shadow-copy.htm. Then add a scheduled task to run them



I remember researching this (or maybe it was something VERY similar as a client wanted to increase the frequency of copies... and I couldn't find anything that described how to do it on Windows 7. However, since I've gotten home and researched further on your behalf, it APPEARS it may be possible. I would suggest reviewing this article on how to setup and use (the setup part is towards the bottom and includes a scheduled task to a VBS script provided at the end of the article).

http://www.howtogeek.com/56891/use-windows-7s-previous-versions-to-go-back-in-time-and-save-your-files/



Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget