BINgo Acces Denied

I am configuring a new dedicated web server hosted by 1&1 and have run into a permissions issue with BGInfo. The box came with this preset and I have never used it before. When I log in with the standard admin account everything works fine. However when I log in with the user account that I set up for myself I get an error every time I log into the server. The error message states that I do not have permissions to view C: WindowsBGInfo.bmp. The user account I set up for myself is part of the administrators group, same as the standard admin account. I have checked all the permissions for the directory and for the file specifically and everything is in order the way I would expect it.

I have read several articles that go thru configuration steps for BGInfo but I have been unable to find the .exe file. I have also tried to locate the config.bgi file, but have not had any luck finding that file either.



you can download bginfo from sysinternals Having it store the .bmp in windows is a definite NO NO

suggest looking in



you can download bginfo from sysinternals Having it store the .bmp in windows is a definite NO NO

suggest looking in



David - I will give that a try today, but since bginfo can pre-installed from 1&1, will the two installations conflict? I was trying to find the original files so I could remove them but I have not been able to locate them anywhere.



Ok I finally found the bginfo files and have the exe opened now. The bitmap|location is set to %Temp%BGInfo.bmp. Since you suggest not putting this in Windows I have changed the location to C:BGInfoBGInfo.bmp and the information is showing up on my desktop now. However I am still getting the error message related to the original location. Are there other settings that I should look for that would be causing my login to keep looking for this previous location?



where is it being executed from? programdata or the users appdata folder?



That is one of the things that I haven't been able to find. Any suggestion on how to figure that out?

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget