can't install Office 2013 due to Office trials installed

We just got our HP back from repair. I need to install Office 2013 Pro. I tried to uninstall Microsoft Office and I get an internal error but no #. I used Windows Uninstaller and it removed the Microsoft Office. However, I still get the error 25004 that the problem is probably due to Office Trial.

How do I fix this?



Try the uninstall FixIt tool from Microsoft. Go to the Microsoft Support site below, read the overall instructions and run the FixIt.

https://support.office.com/en-in/article/Uninstall-Office-2013-or-Office-365-from-a-Windows-computer-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf61d8



Try the uninstall FixIt tool from Microsoft. Go to the Microsoft Support site below, read the overall instructions and run the FixIt.

https://support.office.com/en-in/article/Uninstall-Office-2013-or-Office-365-from-a-Windows-computer-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf61d8



That worked. However, now when I try to run word or outlook, I get error 2503. An internal error has occurred. Want me to open a new case?



If you now have Office 2013 installed, go to Programs and Features, click on Office and do a FULL repair. Once the repair is done, close out and restart the computer and then if you can open Word and Outlook.

Please let us know.



did that. didn't work. did an uninstall, reboot, reinstall. Same error.

HELP!



I suggest you do a full uninstall of Office 2013 (the FixIt worked so you should be able to uninstall). You can always run the FixIt again.

Leave Office uninstall and make sure there are no Office bits sitting in Programs and Features.

Now run DISM.

Open cmd.exe with Run as Administrator.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Scanhealth (takes 15 - 20 minutes).
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth (takes 15 - 20 minutes).
Restart the computer and test.

Once restarted, install Office again and see if it works. Please let us know

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget