Cannot remote desktop my domain controller after windows updates

Hello,

Today I applied the updates on our domain controller. We are using small business server 2003 for it.
After I rebooted i couldn't connect anymore using remote desktop from my computer (and others I tried too). I just checked again, there are authorization to connect using remote desktop connection.
I get the following error message right after trying :



I can still connect to other servers on the network.
I tried rebooting my computer to see if it was an authentication problem but it didn't change anything.



I can still connect to other servers on the network.
I tried rebooting my computer to see if it was an authentication problem but it didn't change anything.



Check Windows Firewall settings on DC. Maybe update turns on firewall...



I checked, the firewall wasn't accessible because the ICS was off. After checking the firewall and selecting remote desktop in it I can see that the port TCP 3389 is open.
I still can't connect after that, I get the same error message.



Can You chack all network settings (ip, Gateway etc.)?
Can You rollback updates that you installed? Then install updates one by one and check witchone doing problem.



Did you apply the updates via a RDP session and reboot or did you install locally on the server? Is RDP enables still after the updates?

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget