Dell_laptop_7000_series

I am shopping for a laptop for general web surfing. I have been looking at the new dell 2 in 1 13 inch laptop

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-13-7347-laptop/pd?oc=dncww5013h1&model_id=inspiron-13-7347-laptop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5jI-WrgDZs


Does anyone have any experience or opinions about this? It looks better than the yoga and microsoft surface.

The laptop looks nice and light weight. I normally buy 15 inch laptops but the the 2 in 1 idea and 13.3 inch seems to be okay.

they also have the xps 12 but it is more expensive than this

http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-12-9q33/pd?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&ST=dell%20xps%2012&dgc=ST&cid=254585&lid=4500030&acd=123098073120560#secondaryContent



It depends very much on personal preferences, however I use a ThinkPad X230 laptop with a 12 inch screen and I like it a lot. It does everything I need (consulting, QuickBooks, VMWare ) and does it well. I like the small size and light weight.



It depends very much on personal preferences, however I use a ThinkPad X230 laptop with a 12 inch screen and I like it a lot. It does everything I need (consulting, QuickBooks, VMWare ) and does it well. I like the small size and light weight.



You need to choose what best fits your needs and price range.
Suggest you check the specs, and read the reviews:See: blog.laptopmag.com
Link:http://blog.laptopmag.com/top-windows-tablets-hybrids



The laptopmag does not have a review on dell 13 7000.

I was looking at the Lenovo yoga pro 2 hybrid. it does not look as nice as the Dell but it does have 256 GB SSD disk.

It is also more expensive. I am not sure if the SSD disk is worth it other than faster bootup. For web surfing I dont think it will make any difference.

do you think SSD is a must these days and do you think Dell is better than lenovo yoga?



SSD is not a MUST. They are good for fast boot and help a bit with speed but are smaller than I want (I have a 500 GB 7200-rpm hard drive and it is plenty fast). Also if you get an SSD drive you want a top quality commercial drive to provide extra cells for the ones that inevitably wear out.

Also, I was focusing here on size and weight, since I use a small machine similar to what you are looking at.



you are right. my concerns would be with battery life and screen size.
I think a screen size of 13.3 is good enough for portability and use of a laptop/tablet.
A battery life is unknown until you use it. They claim you can get 5 hours with this which is good if true. I would not like to have a battery that dies every 2-3 hours of use.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget