How to copy one Windows Server 2008R2 user profile settings to another user on a network

Hello - I'm unclear on how to copy one Windows Server 2008R2 user profile settings to another user on a network. We have a glitch that is happening in one users account, and another user that is working. I want to apply the working user's profile settings on top of the problematic user, to see if it fixes the problem. Can this be done?

Thanks



USMT will work in this scenario but there will be artefacts of the original user profile left in it... suggest that you remove/delete the profile and have the o/s build a new one.



USMT will work in this scenario but there will be artefacts of the original user profile left in it... suggest that you remove/delete the profile and have the o/s build a new one.



Agree David!

I do the same method on the Server:
See under To copy files to the new user profile:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-corrupted-user-profile#1TC=windows-7



thanks guys. I should have mentioned that I did try rebuilding it. I deleted the problematic users profile, and let the OS rebuild. It seems to exist for this one user somehow, so now I wanted to see what it does when I take a GOOD user and apply the profile settings to the user.



strangely, rebuilding the profile a 2nd time works now. chalk this one up to a Windows glitch all around! Thanks guys



Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget