How to hide info about an image when I hover

How do I hide info about the images in PDF or word documents that I create?
When anybody hovers their mouse over images in my PDF or Word documents, they see all the information about the image name, size, and creation date.
I don't want anybody to know anything about the images I put in my documents.
Please help.



I don't think that's possible.
Everything you mention is OS related stuff you can't just erase it.

It is possible to delete extra information that usually digital cameras add but not those you mention.



I don't think that's possible.
Everything you mention is OS related stuff you can't just erase it.

It is possible to delete extra information that usually digital cameras add but not those you mention.



I can see this will be a violation of HIPAA privacy rules.



How can the image name, size, and creation date violate any privacy rules?

The one that might cause some considerations can be the creation date but even that is the FileSystem creation date, if you open the image in a image editor and do Save As, the creation date of the new file will be this save time, not the original file creation time.

There's no real value in either of those properties... So I don't see any issues here.



I have renamed all my photos to correspond to my client's name and sometimes even put their city and state in the photo. Now, when I create a general PDF document that I publish for everyone, my client's info is embedded in the photo. ANYONE can see that info if they hover their mouse over the photo in the PDF (or Word) document. HIPAA medical privacy rules are very strict about sending private patient info. The fines are stiff and I hear they will be "cracking down" on violators.



Ah, so the problem is that you write sensitive information in the file name...
Can't you just rename the image before adding it to the word document?

If you want to catalog your photos by private information you should use a mechanism other that writing it in the photo file name... If that's sensitive data I don't even know if that practice alone doesn't violate some privacy rules...

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget