Remote Desktop app was part of the standard windows xp pro and windows 7. I cannot find it in Windows 8.1 pro

Remote Desktop app was part of the standard windows xp pro and windows 7. I cannot find it in Windows 8.1 pro
Where is it hidden in Windows 8.1 pro. I know it should be included as part of the standard OS.



It is there. Look in %windir%system32mstsc.exe and that is it. I hope you can find it. Use Win + R on the desktop to locate it.

I use it all the time and pasted the shortcut to it onto my Windows 8.1 desktop.



It is there. Look in %windir%system32mstsc.exe and that is it. I hope you can find it. Use Win + R on the desktop to locate it.

I use it all the time and pasted the shortcut to it onto my Windows 8.1 desktop.



It's even in RT.
Go to the charms screen
Type Remote Desktop.
It should show up.



2015-03-18-21-49-31.png 208 KB
Type remote desktop



Hi,

You can download the Remote Desktop app for windows 8.1 from the windows store in windows 8.1

Thanks
Manikandan



On my Windows 8 / 8.1 Pro computer, Remote Desktop came as part of the package.

@mbgreene - Did you find the program in System32?

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget