Remote Desktop Licensing questions

Hello, I have installed RD Services on a Win 2012 R2 server, currently running under the 120-day grace period. I want to setup licensing and I have some questions:- Does RD Licensing have to be installed on a DC? (as shown in some step-by-step guides). Can I install RD Licensing on the same server as the RD services?
- If I have to use a DC, can I install RD Licensing on two DCs for redundancy of that service?

Thanks
Christos



RD licensing does not need to be installed on a DC. In fact, I recommend keeping domain controllers "pristine" and not running other workloads for a smaller security footprint.



RD licensing does not need to be installed on a DC. In fact, I recommend keeping domain controllers "pristine" and not running other workloads for a smaller security footprint.



- Does RD Licensing have to be installed on a DC? (as shown in some step-by-step guides). Can I install RD Licensing on the same server as the RD services? no
can I install RD Licensing on two computers for redundancy of that service only applicable if you have 2 licensing groups i.e. 1 per device and 1 per user a RD broker only points to 1 licensing server .. once you install the keys on 1 licensing server you can't install them on another licensing server.







Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget