Server (Windows 2012 R2) can't acccess administrative shares on computer clients

Hi all,

I am facing a very odd problem. I have several Windows 2012 R2 Servers in a subnet (192.168.10/24) and computer clients in another subnet (192.168.11/24), the gateway between two networks is correctly configured (switch layer 3 without acl's or rules). The servers can access administrative shares between themselves. The computers can access administrative shares of servers (using domain admin account), also the computers can access administrative shares between themselves and they able to ping on servers. The servers can't ping computers.
- I removed AV software (no software blocking connection);
- I can connect (RDP) to computers from the servers normally (no problems with ACL's or Routes);
- Computers can access shares normally on servers (including administrative shares - no problems, again routes are ok);
- The permissions are fine.

Do you the any ideas?



So, I did a basic test as suggested, the connection was blocked by McAfee HIPS. I uninstalled that software and the problem was solved.



Did you do basic troubleshooting? That would start with
telnet client01 445



So, I did a basic test as suggested, the connection was blocked by McAfee HIPS. I uninstalled that software and the problem was solved.



The solution was removing McAfee HIPS, after that the problem was gone.





Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget