SSH_RemoteFiles_transfers.

I have a windows 7 machine on internal business network "Silver".

let us call this machine "A" with lots of internal/external disks and storage.

I also have another virtual windows 7 desktop in DMZ (machine B) that I use to connect to to a linux server Virtual machine in DMZ (Server C).

The virtual machine "B" has very small disk and server disk is almost full..
It is running on a windows 2012 Hyper V.

I have an external 1 TB USB drive connected to machine A. My goal is to move the database backup archive files from linux server to machine "A" using machine B.

Here is the problem:
I normaly use "RDP" to connect from machine "A" to machine "B". I can set my RDP options so I can make the machine A disks visible on machine B. When I am on machine B I select windows file explorer I can see the machine A disks and USB drive.

the problem is when I use WinSCP to SSH to linux server. When I go to the source window to select "E" drive it tells me UNC error. I can only select machine B C drive which i cant move files to.

I always use WinsSCP to move files from server to desktop. Windows file explorer cant connect to linux server.

Is there a way to configure WinSCP so it can see the machine "A" disks or is there other GUI tools graphical tools that can do that?



Machine "A" would have to have an SSH server installed on it. Linux usually comes with the SSH server installed and running since that is what supports SFTP also. I have FreeSSH server installed on one of my machines. It is much more limited than SSH on Linux but it might work for you. http://www.freesshd.com/



Machine "A" would have to have an SSH server installed on it. Linux usually comes with the SSH server installed and running since that is what supports SFTP also. I have FreeSSH server installed on one of my machines. It is much more limited than SSH on Linux but it might work for you. http://www.freesshd.com/



SSH using putty from Machine A to Server C is not possible. There is a network firewall between "silver" domain and DMZ that only allows RDP access. This is why they stuck machine B in DMZ and allowed RDP from machine A to machine B and then SSH to machine C.

Are you saying this software FreeSSH is similar to Winscp and If I installed it on machine B it will allow moving files from server to machine A disks?



Your setup is limited as expected hen system are in a DMZ a, your option II:Attach a local drive to the RDP session from system A to system B.
I system B use winscp, or any other SCP system to transfer a file from serverC with the destination the attached drive from system A.

System B in this case will function as the transfer point.

The difficulty with the RDP attached local storage is whether the attached Workstation A local drive on workstation B is assigned a letter, or whether you must use a GUI scp that will allow you you to select which resources on server C you want to transfer and the option to select the attached workstation A drive.

The issue is whether attaching local resources is not restricted on workstation B.



Winscp is an SSH client. FreeSSH is an SSH server. The client connects to the server. They are the complimentary ends of the SSH connections.



Dave Baldwin, I do not disagree with your suggestion, but since system B is the gateway system but is in a DMZ with system C. System B likely does not have ssh connection out.
The only available connection from the LAN to the DMZ is via RDP to system B.

The suggestion I provided will get system B to function as the transit point, but resources for the VM (system B) will govern how long it will take to transfer data from server C via system b to workstation A.


Workstation A < RDP with local attached Drive/s => VM Workstation B < ssh/winscp connection to => VM server C

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget