Unable to find "D" drive letter from "Chanage Drive Letter"

Hi,

I was building Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 64bit and created three drives (C, E, F) as drive letter.

I need to change "E" drive letter to "D" drive letter. I mean I do not see the "D" from the pull down menu, so I checked registry and found "DosDevicesD:". I released the drive letter "D" by renaming it with other drive letter.
Reg location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMMountedDevices

However, it still nothing changes...

Please advice me how I can assign D drive letter again.


Best regards,
Akii



No D: Drive under "my computer" ?
D is not available probably because it's taken..
maybe you mapped a network drive under d: ?

post back..

Gilad



No D: Drive under "my computer" ?
D is not available probably because it's taken..
maybe you mapped a network drive under d: ?

post back..

Gilad



try openning a command line and type "subst d: /d " and then try "net use d: /d "
hope this helps..



The drive letter D is assigned to CD-ROM device already. Right click on it - change drive letter - remove or assign different one.
Then it will be available for selection on your partition.



it is clear in your attached picture that the letter D is assigned to the CD-ROM, so from the disk management, right click the CD-ROM and the change the letter D to another letter. then you can use D for another drive



Same info as mine :)

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget