Windows 2008

Hello,
I have remote access to a Windows 2008 R2 server, as an administrator. I was surprised to find that the "System Configuration" information does not have all of the information about the system (like Windows 7 does).
I'm trying to find out more about the system. I would assume that it is a 64 bit machine, and that I could run either a 32 bit or 64 bit application on it.
Any suggestions?



You can run an cmd and run : SET

You will see if it is 64 bits architecture or not :
For exemple : "PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=AMD64"



You can run an cmd and run : SET

You will see if it is 64 bits architecture or not :
For exemple : "PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=AMD64"



2008 R2 always is 64bit. And yes, 32bit programs will run on it.



:) :) :) ...

I have not seen that it was 2008 R2 ! So, obviously, 2008 R2 = 64 bit :)



Thank you



You should have split the point the other way round. My post is the answer, and Benjamin's adds some more generic info not really relevant to this specific question (though not wrong).

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget