windows 8 will not update after reboot it reverts back

Hello I have a windows 8.1 64 bit system that hasn't taken a update in a few weeks, it has 56 updates to that needs to be done, if I choose update then reboot or just update from windows after the reboot the system sits a min then it says reverts updates changes back ...... I ran malware bytes and it clean .... I can't get the system in safemode to try to run malware bytes in safemode every time I reboot and hit F8 nothing happens .... any suggestions I been trying to update the system for a few days.... Ohh also I did a system restore back to 11-26 and that still didn't help...



> sits a min then it says reverts updates changes back

could you please share a screenshot about this?



> sits a min then it says reverts updates changes back

could you please share a screenshot about this?



Here's the first thing I'd try to reset the Updates cache:
in elevated Command prompt type: net stop "windows update" and press Enter.
In File Explorer delete folder C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution
Reboot and check for and Install updates.



Also try:
1. Windows Update Readiness tool: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

2. Reset Windows Update Components: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

See if these things help.



Malwarebytes shouldn't be run in safe-mode anyway. So that isn't a problem.

Try selecting only a few updates at a time, not all at once. Start with the oldest first (the date published should show when you select an update).



@Deerek11 - Thank you and I was happy to help.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget