Windows 8.1 Imaging

I have created a Windows 8.1 system image using the native imaging software. When I try to apply the image to another machine, I receive an error that the image was created using uEFI, but the machine is using BIOS.

Is there a way to remedy this? Either to boot the base image machine using BIOS and a create a new image or to use my existing image and apply it to the other machine using EFI?

Thanks



Is the target machine the same make/model as the source machine? If so, you should be able to turn UEFI ON for the target machine.

If the target machine is different, you probably need to use Sysprep when creating the image to allow for different target environments.

Was the source machine OEM Windows 8? Then you cannot move the image anyway.



Is the target machine the same make/model as the source machine? If so, you should be able to turn UEFI ON for the target machine.

If the target machine is different, you probably need to use Sysprep when creating the image to allow for different target environments.

Was the source machine OEM Windows 8? Then you cannot move the image anyway.



The target machine is the same make/model as the source. I went into the BIOS to disable the UEFI, but the option isn't there.

The source machine, like the rest of the machines we ordered, came with Windows 7 Pro and an upgrade disc to Windows 8.

On the source machine, I ran the Windows 8 upgrade disc and then installed 8.1 along with all of the base software we use. I first attempted to use Clonezilla, as I have in the past, but it didn't work. So I am now trying to use the native imaging software.



If you're cloning this you MUST use Sysprep to have a supported system - Sysprep is run BEFORE you use your imaging software. It's whole purpose in life is to properly prepare your image for deployment to other machines.



Ok. I'll give it a shot. I had been using Clonezilla to create and deploy Windows 8.1 images previously without issue, which is why I'm confused now why it won't work.



Windows 7 does not use / need UEFI. I wonder if that is the issue.

Can you try deleting all the partitions of one target machine and then try applying the image again.

I am not sure about applying OEM images to other machines with Windows 8. It works with Windows 7 using Ghost but I have not yet tried that with Windows 8 .

I first attempted to use Clonezilla, as I have in the past, <-- You might consider a trial copy of the newest version of Ghost to see if it works.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget