Windows 8.1 Tiles going on and off

Experts,

My Tiles on Windows 8.1 turn off every time I turn my machine off. This just started happening. Does anyone know how to fix this.

I go to the control pane, click on uninstall program and then just come out and everything works until I shut down and logon again.



The next step, then is to do a Windows 8 Refresh. Action Center, Recovery options. Refresh keeps your data and many settings but makes you reinstall software. However it is a very good way to fix things.



First try System File Checker. Open cmd.exe with Run as Administrator and run SFC /SCANNOW. Allow to complete, close out, restart and test.

Second and if no to the above, run DISM.

Open cmd.exe with Run as Administrator.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Scanhealth (takes 15 - 20 minutes).
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth (takes 15 - 20 minutes).
Restart the computer and test.



I tried everything above. Everything works but when shut down and log back in the tiles don't work. If I go to:
Control Panel

Click In Turn Windows Features on/off

The tiles work until I shut down again.



The next step, then is to do a Windows 8 Refresh. Action Center, Recovery options. Refresh keeps your data and many settings but makes you reinstall software. However it is a very good way to fix things.



Did you check the SFC & DISM logs? No errors?



@morinia - Why did you select a question as an answer. The suggestions to run DISM and SFC were posted earlier.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget