Applications are "hiding" under other applications when opened

After a recent reboot and installation of 65 updates, suddenly applications are "hiding" under other applications when opened, instead of opening up in front and on then screen.

For example I'm using outlook and open up Firefox from the start menu. I then have to minimize a whole set of applications to find the Firefox window. Same with outlook emails. I open an email and instead of being able to read it I have to close the outlook window to see the one I opened.

The operating system is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and the laptop is a Lenovo T430s.

What can be done to fix this?



Knowledgeable --
Ctrl+K, Tab and Ctrl+K, F6 are said change focus among the tabs/windows in Firefox



Knowledgeable --
Ctrl+K, Tab and Ctrl+K, F6 are said change focus among the tabs/windows in Firefox



I think it more depends on what is active, and that can be affected by moving your mouse. My Windows 7 (and my Windows 8.1) machine is fully up to date and windows only hide behind others very infrequently.

If this is repeatable and you are careful with the mouse, run System File Checker. Open cmd.exe with Run as Administrator and run SFC /SCANNOW. Shut down, start up and test.



it can return to normal after a couple of reboots
ofthen running many updates needs sequentially to fix things on the drive



@Knowledgeable - Thanks and I was happy to help.



Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget