Can I delete the contents of the Temp directory in Windows 8

Hi,

I accidentally came across the temp directory on my hard drive for the first time :C:UsersadamAppDatalocaltemp
I found so many empty folders which were obviously created by numerous applications during their installations.

My question is this: are these folders still needed or can I safely delete them. I also see numerous files with the names of applications already installed on my computer. Are they still needed?

Thank you

Adam



Yes you can delete entries here. Some will be locked by applications using them and do not worry about that.

You can also run Disk Cleanup (part of Windows 8), look at the options (types of files to delete), select temporary files, setup log file in addition to what it picks and allow it to clean up. This is a good safe way to delete and maintain the temp folder and IE temporary files.



Yes you can delete entries here. Some will be locked by applications using them and do not worry about that.

You can also run Disk Cleanup (part of Windows 8), look at the options (types of files to delete), select temporary files, setup log file in addition to what it picks and allow it to clean up. This is a good safe way to delete and maintain the temp folder and IE temporary files.



Thank you



@adamtrask - You are very welcome and I was happy to help.





Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget