Can I shrink the size of someone else's content in a Windows 7 window?

I'd like to have several instances (windows) of stock charts on my screen at one time.

I could conceivably have 4 windows (maybe more) if I could shrink the size of the stock graphs that appear in each window. Right now, they are so large that I can only display two windows next to each other on my 12-inch laptop screen.

Is there anyway to resize the entire content in a window to, say, reduce it by 45%?



If you increase the screen resolution, all windows should decrease in size.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows7/change-your-screen-resolution

If this makes your fonts too small. you can increase their size independently.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows/change-windows-fonts#1TC=windows-7



If you increase the screen resolution, all windows should decrease in size.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows7/change-your-screen-resolution

If this makes your fonts too small. you can increase their size independently.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows/change-windows-fonts#1TC=windows-7



Are these in browser windows? You can generally resize the content of browser windows.



gbmcneil --
There are several ways to do this.
One is, when the windows to the various pages are opened, right click on the taskbar and click "Show windows side by side".



The window size is usually controlled by the application, so just shrinking the content would not help. And obviously the other way round does not work either (many applications are able to scale the results to fit into the current window).

Maybe the application can get tricked by using some virtual screen solution, splitting the screen into parts presented as full screen to the application. E.g. if the application thinks the screen is VGA only (640x480), it will scale the stock graphs accordingly.



Hello All -

jcimarron, says that I can resize the windows. No problem there. However, it is the content within certain windows that I'd like to reduce.

Eirman says to change the resolution of the entire screen. Yes, I understand that can be done. But then I'd have to dedicate an entire computer to the multi-paneled windows because there are other applications that I would like to display at their larger, more desirable size.

Your on, paulmacd. You say that "you can generally resize the content of browser windows. Please tell me how.

Share this

Related Posts

There was an error in this gadget